Guidance for religious services
From Department of the TaoiseachPublished on 27 November 2020
Places of Worship to reopen for Mass and religious services at Level 3, from 1st December, to be reviewed in January.
This will allow for up to 50 worshippers to attend services with the following protective measures:
· 2 metre social distancing guidelines adhered to (members of the same household can sit/stand close together)
· wearing of face coverings· where possible separate points of entrance and exit, clearly marked
· no congregation by people outside the premises before and after any service
· stewards on site to assist in this regard
Duration of Masses and other services
They should not exceed one hour (this includes entrance and exit times) with at least one hour between services to allow for cleaning and ventilation and to avoid crowding/overlap.
Funerals and weddings
Numbers permitted at these events remains at 25 (as per Level 3) for ceremony and reception
Choirs (as part of the service), chanting and congregational singing
Specific guidance on this will be provided.
· Baptisms: Planned baptisms for the coming days or weeks are unfortunately to be deferred until guidance.
Friday 27th November 2020